Google Analytics App + Web Properties
Learn how to setup and use App + Web properties in Google Analytics.
Learn all about the new Google Analytics App + Web properties, including how to set them up, when you should (and shouldn’t) use them and how to begin using the reports.
During this course you will learn about the different types of properties available in Google Analytics, important terminology, best practice recommendations and how to begin collecting data into your reports.
- Learn best practices for using App + Web properties in Google Analytics
- See how you can capture automatic and custom information into your reports
- Explore, understand and customize your reports
- Understand the advantages and limitations of App + Web properties
- Walk-through the new App + Web properties
- Lifetime access to the video lessons
- Certificate for completing the course
This course covers the new App + Web properties available in Google Analytics. The lessons focus on tracking website users, but also touch on tracking mobile apps and how to collect cross-device data into your reports.
- Introduction to App + Web properties
- Differences between standard and App + Web properties
- When to use (and not use) the different types of properties
- How to track into parallel properties
- Important concepts (including events, parameters and user properties)
- Best practices for setting up App + Web properties
- Collection and configuration limits
- Walk-through of reports and report creation
Your Course Instructor
Benjamin Mangold co-founded Loves Data and he is an internationally recognized expert in digital analytics and marketing.
He has been working with Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, and other Google products for over twelve years. He has trained and consulted for companies like 3M, Fuji Xerox, and Google.
As your course instructor, he will teach you practical techniques, from setup and configuration, right through to improving your website and your marketing campaigns.
What are Google Analytics App + Web properties?
The new Google Analytics App + Web properties enable you to combine data collected from your website and mobile app into a single set of reports. This gives you greater flexibility when it comes to data collection and reporting. For example, you can use your own naming conventions when sending data to Google Analytics. App + Web properties also provide additional options for reporting funnels and paths (which is useful even if you're only tracking a website). Read my blog post on App + Web properties for more details.
When does the new course start?
As soon as you join the course you can start the lessons!
How long will I have access to the course?
You will receive lifetime access to the course, so you can take the lessons at any time.
How long will the course be?
The lessons in this course have a total duration of 75 minutes.
Will you focus on tracking websites?
Yes, the course focuses on tracking websites. The course also touches on app and cross-device tracking, but doesn’t go too deeply into this.
Have another question about this course?